Thanks to all that came and participated in elections this past meeting. There was a great turnout with people running and voting. If you were unable to attend meeting, this is what you missed:
- Jacob Jordan and Meera Damodaran (the President of Operation Smile) talked about an Operation Smile event called “Kick it with the Kids” on April 30th. It is a kickball tournament that costs $5 to play. You can assemble or join a team of 10 people. Check out the UMN Operation Smile Facebook page for more info.
- The majority of meeting was dedicated to elections. Everyone who ran did a phenomenal job and congrats to everyone that won. Here are the winners:
- President: Jacob Jordan
- Vice President: Waverly Slette
- Secretary: Ryan Moylan
- Treasurer: Anna Riester
- Public Relations: Breanna Besel
- Webmaster: Lizzy Purtell
- Social Chair: Jordyn Dwyer
- Our ‘Dinner w/ Dentists’ event is coming up soon! It is April 18th in the Mississippi Room in Coffman from 6:30-7:45. It will be about $15 a head (free for dentists). Save the date and add to your Google Calendar!
- We need YOUR HELP in getting dentists to this event. Please send this document (filled in with names) to any dentists you know that might be willing to participate in our event. 🙂
- After elections, club members got together and practiced interview questions. Older members shared advice with younger members that they thought might be helpful for pre-dental students. If any group members would like to practice interview questions or receive pre-dental advice, just contact the club.
- We have a Krispy Kreme fundraiser coming up to raise money for our upcoming Dinner with Dentists event. It’s $10/dozen ($12 for specialty). You can order yours with this Order Form. Pick-up date and location not set in stone, but likely Thursday and Friday, April 21st and 22nd.
You can find the presentations and meeting minutes on our website’s Meeting Minutes page.
The next Pre-Dental Club meeting will be held on Monday, April 25. Hope to see you all there!